Welcome to Arcane Lands, Guest. Please take the time to register if you haven't, or click

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AL artwork, mocks, teasers
A thread for sharing official AL artwork, generally in the form of mocks. Click on the attachment to view.

an animation showing layered equipment. the sets used are the academy uniforms. 

showing weapon swoosh effect (3 quick frames w/ soft-light blending mode)
was also experimenting with doing a 1 pixel shift on the hat when he swings
this is using the "rare" academy uniform with the cap'n cap.

an example scene (cropped) showing a player using a firebolt skill

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2019, 11:19 PM by Heynong.)

A close up of the magus armor set. Female is completed. The rare version is light blue.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2019, 01:35 AM by Heynong.)

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice stuff man

Im such a fan of your art and you know, im proud you got progress on it. Looking forward to playing it.

some simple equipment designs

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2019, 10:04 AM by Chi.)

some quick edits to showing how a rock wall could make elevated planes (with ramps, bridges, and ... ). the wall's height is equal to the tile's width and height, so it could seamlessly transition as long as there is a ground tileset that can meet it    

edit:
now it's getting somewhere

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2019, 12:58 AM by Heynong.)

mushpop loses in rock paper scissors (he owes mushman 100). the rock wall wasn't really meant to go in the water, but I thought it looked cool    

Oh this is gorgeous, this is really an eye-opener to me on how well we can expand and add features to the game. Makes me want to speed up my work, but unfortunately I need to get the architecture of the network engine straight before attempting anything else.

I am just here.
don't worry, I am getting ahead of myself Tongue

it is fun/cool to draft graphics for future features, though. I can accumulate all sorts of random bits in the mean time, so that we are prepared to add features later. although generic graphic archetypes are priority, of course. But yea, these are all just conceptual. I am just glad to bring attention to the project, and i think a visual is the best method. Hoping that a talented illustrated sees it, and is interested in helping. if not, though, i might end up doing some concept art and posting it here... if i can find my tablet pen...

(03-05-2019, 07:12 PM)Heynong Wrote: don't worry, I am getting ahead of myself Tongue

it is fun/cool to draft graphics for future features, though. I can accumulate all sorts of random bits in the mean time, so that we are prepared to add features later. although generic graphic archetypes are priority, of course. But yea, these are all just conceptual. I am just glad to bring attention to the project, and i think a visual is the best method. Hoping that a talented illustrator sees it, and is interested in helping. if not, though, i might end up doing some concept art and posting it here... if i can find my tablet pen...