Welcome to Arcane Lands, Guest. Please take the time to register if you haven't, or click

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AL artwork, mocks, teasers
a timeless look    

The ring tramsforms the player?

Developer of Arcane Lands.
Yes

Rare item?

These are really good man, it really makes me think of Final Fantasy Tactics a lot.

I was thinking it'd be a rare item, for cosmetic purpose. Like an obvious nod to EO. The devil suit was always so cool, I thought. But no, it's not a private server, or an extension of EO. Just an attempt to bring back the much loved format. It's important to understand that Arcane Lands is a new twist on an older concept. It's a game itself, and none of the EO staff (if it isn't obvious enough) are working on this game. Again, it is very similar to EO, in its design, but re-creating EO is not the goal.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 12:38 AM by Chi.)

@Heynong
Could you give a description of what type of game you and Chi are working on creating?

I wanted to post this in the General section of the forum but couldn't due to "New thread" not showing up.

(03-10-2019, 07:41 PM)Errors Wrote: @Heynong
Could you give a description of what type of game you and Chi are working on creating?

I wanted to post this in the General section of the forum but couldn't due to "New thread" not showing up.

I fixed the boards, apparantly it was set like that to all boards in that forum.

Essentially we're taking Endless Online and making a new cross-platform game from scratch.
It will feature much of the same aspects as EO had, but will also implement vast other features that would make it more attractive for the user to continue playing.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2019, 07:56 PM by Chi.)

So when you say cross-platform, are you for example talking about PC to Mobile? Sounds like an interesting idea though, I will keep a check on progress.

(03-11-2019, 12:28 AM)Errors Wrote: So when you say cross-platform, are you for example talking about PC to Mobile? Sounds like an interesting idea though, I will keep a check on progress.

Since it some what relates to the post, I should seize the opportunity and say that we have a new member on the team. His name is Maiku, and since he has already a made a lot of progress on a prototype client/server in Unity which he seems to have plenty of experience with (I should perhaps make a thread in the announcement board). The prototype features an already basic working character creation system, login, seamless map, attacking mobs, inventory system and more basic features that are really great.

I've tried Unity once many years ago, so I don't really have experience with it, which is a small problem. But the team and I are all very dedicated to bring this game to life, so we'll be switching over to the Unity engine and I will have to study Maiku's current project files and we'll start collaborating with each other to finish the game as early as possible.

An engine is also nice because that means we could roll out new feature updates faster

It's a great opportunity for all of us, we will bring some more interesting updates some time soon.

Edit: Yes it can be ported for mobile devices also.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 11:46 AM by Chi.)